|Just the Facts Darwin, Just the Facts.
FACT - That which exists, something witnessed firsthand, a datum of experience (plural: data)
HYPOTHESIS – A tentative scientific explanation for a set of observed facts, subject to future proof (or disproof) through further observation and experimentation.
THEORY - A framework of scientific explanation concerning a certain phenomenon or group of phenomena, which has gained validity by showing predictive power or explaining newly observed facts.
SCIENTIFIC LAW – A regular pattern of occurrences of natural events, so regular and predictable that there are few or no exceptions. The fewer the exceptions to the law, the better established it is.
How well do the data and predictions set forth in Origin of the Species by Charles Darwin stand under the definitions addressed above? Some of the predictions set forth by Darwin have been elaborated upon over the years to further define Biological Evolution, which is often called “Darwinian Origins” or just “Darwinism”. Its full scope today is called Naturalism.
“Darwinism” predicts, Naturalism requires:
• Life could arise from non-living matter.
• “Simple life forms” would give way to more complex life forms.
• The Fossils Record would show a progression of life forms.
• Thousands of transitional fossils would fill the gaps between the “kinds”.
• “Early” life forms would show absence of protection and would
lack sophisticated functionality.
• “Higher” kinds would have useless vestigial organs and
other “left behind” features.
• Length of life and offspring prolific's would appear in “higher kinds”.
Creationism proclaims, Science shows:
• Life never comes from non-living matter.
• There are no “simple life form” and all life is symbiotic.
• All fossils appear as fully formed and fully functional “kinds”.
• Transitional fossils do not exist, yet there are many “kinds” that are extinct.
• All life “kinds” show forms of protection and unique sophistication
with apparent design.
• There are no vestigial organs or “left behind” body parts.
• Survivability and offspring procreation have no relationship to phylogeny.
Prior to Charles Darwin writing Origin of the Species there were several hypothesizes that life, of the kind existing on planet Earth, could have come about by purely natural means. The scientific study that Darwin was engaged in as a Naturalist while onboard the Beagle was valid for advancing the hypothesis of “natural origins” to the level of it being a theory.
Now, after 150 years of evaluation and study, the proposed theory of Biological Evolution has unfortunately turned into a “Cult”, and the science of its validation has been lost in an attempt to disprove any existence of a divine Maker.
By Dr. Dave Demick, M.D. and Lynn Hofland October 2005